|Pic not available|
Dr Harak Singh Rawat is a congress leader from Uttarakhadn, who is considered as a strong candidate for the post of chief minister of Uttarakhand after 3rd assembly elections.
Dr Harak Singh was born in 15th December 1960. He holds a degree of MA and Ph D. He did his Ph D in Military Science.
1. In year 1991 won assembly election from Pauri and became youngest Minister of U.P State.
2. From 1991-93 was youngest Tourism Minister in U.P.
3. In year 1993 got re-elected as M.L.A from Pauri Assembly
4. In year 1997 got appointed as Vice-Chairman (Cabinet Rank) in Uttar Pradesh Khadi Gram Udyog Board.
5. From year 1997 till date member of Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee.
6. In year 1997 got appointed as member of Uttar Pradesh Congress Working Committee.
7. In year 2002 got elected as MLA from 32 Lansdowne Vidhan Sabha Constituency
8. In year 2002 after winning form Lansdowne Constituency was designated Cabinet Minister of four department- Revenue, Revenue, Food & Civil Supplies, Disaster Management and Rehabilitation.
9. In year 2007 got re-elected form Lansdowne Uttarakhand Vidhan Sabha.
10. In year 2007 elected as Leader of opposition Uttarakhand Vidhan Sabha.
11. He was elected M.L.A. from Lansdowne.
In 2003 Harak Singh Rawat, then revenue minister in the northern state of Uttarakhand, alleged of having links to an unwed mother of Assamese origin. The CBI regsiters a rape case against him. He resigns. Later Rawat got a complete clean chit.