Dona Ganguly is an Indian Odissi dancer and wife of cricketer Sourav Ganguly .
She was born as Dona Roy on 22 August 1976 in Behala, Kolkata. Her parents were Sanjeev Roy and Swapna Roy.
Dona Ganguly started learning dance from Amala Shankar, when she was only 3 years old. Amala Shankar,is the wife of famous Dancer Uday Shankar, Later Dona shifted to Odissi under the guidance of Guru Giridhari Nayek. Dona took her dancing lessons from “Kelucharan Mohapatra”.Under his guidance,she develop her dancing career.She is one of the few Odissi exponents who maintains pure guru “Kelucharan Mahapatra gharana”. Dona Ganguly was a student of Loreto Convent School.
In 1997 Dona Ganguly is married to her childhood friend, the famous former Indian cricketer and captain Sourav Ganguly. The couple has one daughter named Sana Ganguly.
Dance School (Diksha Manjari)
Dona Ganguly has a dance school named “Diksha Manjari”.Along with her performance she also teaches dance at her school Diksha manjari.This institution was inaugurated by Lata Mangeshkar.The school has capacity of more than 2000 students. She is the head of the Odissi department of “Bharati Vidya Bhavan” as well as Tecno India Schools. Dona is a graded artist of Doordarshan.
- Dover Lane Music Conference, Kolkata
- Konarak Festival, Konarak
- Kumar Utsov, Bhubaneswar
- Ganga Maha Utsov, Varanasi
- River Festival, Kolkata
- Uday Shankar Dance Festival, Kolkata
- Barak Utsov, Silchar, Assam
- Taj Mohotsav, Agra
- Dakshin Mukambi National Festival, Kottyam, Kerala
- Nirmada Mohotsav, Jabalpur
- Baba Alauddin Khan Sangeet Samaraho(Maihar), M.P.
- Beach Festival, Digha
- Haldia Utsov, Haldia
- Sankat Mochan Festival Varanasi
- Bali Yatra Cutttak
- Muktashwar Festival, Bhubaneswar